This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Finding a job

Hello everyone,

Well I finally graduated, but now I can't find a job as a MA. I sent out 15 resume's over a month ago and I have not heard any thing from the places I sent them to. I am tired of sitting at home doing nothing, so I am going to do some volunteer work. I really feel a need to help people whether I get paid for it or not. Just knowing that I can help someone makes me feel needed also.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? NO

Re: Finding a job

Do you call people back to check up? You can not just turn in your resume and wait around for them to call you. Call them back, "I was just wondering if you got a chance to look over my resume, I would love ti meet with you so we could discuss my qualifications".

Your Professional Title/Credentials: BSN, CCMA-C, CLD

Are You Still In School? NO

Re: Finding a job

I did call the places, but most said that they did not accept resume's unless they had an opening. A few said they did not have any openings at that time and they would keep my resume on file. I don't know what else to do. I am not the only one having trouble finding a job; out of the 18 that I graduated with, only 2 have found jobs (part-time), and that was where they did their externships. But, I am not going to give up there is a job out there somewhere for me, it just might take time to find it.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? No