This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cost of school for MA

I live in Ohio and am looking to go back to school I met with an rep. today at everest institute about taking an 8 month class for MA I was shocked to learn it would be $15,000 ($9,600 after aid) and this is only a tech school is it normal to be that much?? and is it worth the time and money?? Help me out please & thanx!!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: NO

Are You Still In School? Going back soon

Are You Working? No

Re: Cost of school for MA

Yes that is average after financial aid and no, A BAD SCHOOL ISN'T WORTH IT. Everest has a terrible reputation. Look them up on Rip-off Report.com.

Wow thanks for the info a lot of posts about admission fraud... It's sad you cant be under 24 and not get some type of help My parents sure aren't paying for it.. Unless you get knocked up lol.

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? no

Wow. that is a lot. You can get a nursing degree for less that what you quoted, in my area at least. I paid about $640.00 tutition (not including books) for my MA education at a JC.

Thats what it seems to be.
I am a CNA and want to move up so I have been looking int being Medical Assistant. The more I look though I am already making more than the average Medical assistant makes.
Have you looked into NO Worker Left Behind. They pay $10,000 if you are unemployed or make under $40,000 family income.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CNA

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

Try your local community college. The programs are high quality and much less expensive. My whole program is $5000.

Take Jenny's advice and attend a community college. I wish I did. Its going to cost me roughly in the neighborhood of $8000.00 to attend nursing school at this community college.
I paid close to $15000.00 to this Jr. college I attended for MA school.
A huge difference!!! The upside to attending this Jr. college is that the faculty are absolutely fantastic!!

Are You Still In School? yes