This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Online medical assistant courses?

I am considering becoming a Medical assistant. I see all these courses for online medical assistant certification. How could this be? There are so many clinical things that seem innapropriate for learning online. Has anyone had experience with these courses?

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CNA

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

Re: Online medical assistant courses?

hey, i am considering san diego state univ online. but i am kinda skeptical of online MA courses, I think it may be hard to find a job. But I have talked to a few Doc offices and they said I should be good taking the courses online. I have no experience in this field except volunteer work, and yes I am worried.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: m.a. student

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? no

I am attending a school called Allied Health Institute.It's online you do your clinicals and externship the last 2 months of the program.The program is accredited and licensed the test to get certified is included in the course.So far it seems okay.

Are You Working? no

You still have a clinical rotation and externship everything else is online and you do have student liability insurance.

Are You Working? no