This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What are your responsibilities in your current position?

I'm thinking of returning to school and the MA program at my local college is one of the options I'm considering. RN would be great, but I'm not sure I could hack it. I'm wondering if MA might be the way to go for me. I've worked in a clerical position in a medical lab for the past 15 years. When my doc retires, I plan to leave my position and I'm hoping to go into a career field that will allow me to have more variety in my work day as well as more patient contact. I'm tired of sitting behind a keboard all day.
Anyways, I'd love to hear where you all work and what type of responsibilities you have?
Thanks for any info!
Jen

Your Professional Title/Credentials: N/A

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes. Not as an MA.

Re: What are your responsibilities in your current position?

Don't want to sound rude but you can find that info by goole-ing Medical Assistant Job Description.i did it but can't post the link.
Also some of that info is on this site.
but basically what's taught in school you'll be responsible for.
Now after you grad,that's a different story, it will all depend on were you will work and what the doc's are willing to let you do.Since you'll be working under their directions and they are held responsible for your actions.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA

Re: What are your responsibilities in your current position?

Well I've done my research. I've read a lot about what medical assistants learn and can do, what I'm curious about is what all of you are actually doing. Are most of you working more clinically, more administrative, a little of both? If I'm wasting time by asking this, then I apologize.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: N/A

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes. Not as an MA.