This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
lost my job please Help!!!!!

I worked for a family practice in Houston Texas and with the federal minimum wage going to 7:25 hr today i was let go because we are a small practice and the dr could not afford 2 full time Medical assistants anymore

i was makeing6:55hr before this i know its a little low but its a JOB!!! :(

anyone out there please help

Are You Working? no

Re: lost my job please Help!!!!!

Go to CRIAGSLIST and go to health then search Medical Assistant. i found losts of jobs in your area.
also get a letter of recommendation in your hand when you leave.
6bp3

Your Professional Title/Credentials: R.M.A.

Min wage in my state is 8.00 but our cost of living is way higher. Never settle for min wage as a medical assistant. Start calling all the offices in your area and ask if they are hiring and ask for their fax number. Send in a resume even if they are not hiring. Call back in a few days and ask to speak with the office manager; ask her/him if she/he got a chance to look over your resume and that you would love to meet with them and discuss some of your qualifications. You always have to be proactive when job hunting...these days it is imperative!

heartsopenwide
Min wage in my state is 8.00 but our cost of living is way higher. Never settle for min wage as a medical assistant.!

You dont have to "settle" but i think when a job is offered even at minimum wage with the economy the way it is its a blessing.

the more experienced Medical assistant will always find a higher paying/better job.

I think now a days with the economy the way it is min wage is better than no wage, yes i agree the pay is low but I have to accept any job that comes, and when the economy improves you can ask for more pay as long as your experience warrents it.

thnaks for all the advice ill keep you posted