This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
externship and certification exam?

I am starting the Medical Assistant program at my college at the end of August (switching majors). Since I already have some classes that the credits transferred over,Im going to try and graduate in 3 semesters instead of the usual 4. Im not sure, but I think I might have to take my externship in the 2nd semester instead of the 3rd. I was wondering from your experience am I going to be able to do this/be ready? Also,I was hoping my externship site would hire me after I graduated, do you think they still would if I have 1 semester left after I go in for clinicals? ALSO, can anyone tell me I think its 3 times a year, when the certification exam is offered in NY? How long does it take to study for? Thank You I was trying to find out when you have to apply by/when exam is offered, I dont know if this is right for the certification exam, but since I will graduate in December 2010, and according to a website I can take the exam end of January 2011? It says the deadline for applying for this exam date would be by October 2010, which I dont graduate until Dec will I be able to apply still? HOPEFULLY

Your Professional Title/Credentials: student

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? yes

Re: externship and certification exam?

All of these questions sound like they can be answered by your academic advisor at your school. I know at my school, my advisor sat down with me and helped me map out my plan--class schedule, certification exam date, etc.

You're paying good money to get guidance from your instructors and advisors, so use 'em!

Jenny