This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Certified Medical Assistant vs LPN

In 1995 I became a Certified Medical Assistant. Since then, I have looked into and considered completing a LPN program as LPN's do make about $2 to $4 dollars a more per hour than I do as a CMA. However, I have never had difficulty in acquiring employment as a CMA whereas I have several friends who are LPN's and they have had a much harder time finding employment outside of working in nursing homes.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Certified Medical Assistant, Registered Medical Assistant, Bachelor of Science

Are You Still In School? Graduated

Are You Working? Yes

Re: Certified Medical Assistant vs LPN

you'll be better off to look into a r.n. program.
more room to grow professional.
there seems to be phasing out of l.p.n.
i seen this in my area.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: R.M.A.

Maybe because RN treats LPN'S like trash is the hospitals reason why LPN'S chooses to work in Nursing Homes AND PLUS LPN'S feel like they have some power in nursing homes

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Certified phlebotomist/MA/CNA

Are You Still In School? getting ready to extern

Are You Working? yes

RNs do not treat LPNs like trash. Maybe a few you have run into do; that is very sad. LPNs do not work in hospitals because they are being phased out in the hospital setting. Most are working in LTC and have quite a lot more say than they would working under an RN in a hospital. In my area at least, there is usually only one or two RNs in an entire TLC and the rest are LVNs that manage a wing to themselves and all the CNAs under them.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RN-BSN, CLD, CCMA-C

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? Yes