This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How hard is anatomy and psysiology class for medical assistants?

I am interested in the medical assistant program at my area tech school. One of the classes is basic anatomy and physiology 1 & 2. I was wondering how hard this class is? How in depth do they get?

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? No

Re: How hard is anatomy and psysiology class for medical assistants?

I found it fairly easy. Much of what you will need to know is repeated in clinical classes, although by that time you are expected to have a handle on most of it. An example would be structure and location of veins... basic bone structure and body systems.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA (AAMA)

I took both already with the lectures and I learned alot more with one instructor than the other. Just ask around to see what instructor people like.

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? yes other

My class will be 8-3 two days a week. That's just for A&P but after that is complete it will be M-F all day for 5 months.
So your saying we won't be required to learn all parts and location of the human body? I don't think I could do that! How hard were your test and how long did it require you to study for?
Thanks

Are You Working? No

Its like any other course. How much you apply yourself will be what you get out of the class.
My A&P covered all 11 human systems. The main organs and their functions.
As for the tests, that will be hard to give you a fair answer. What one professor might give you on a test might be totally different from another. My A&P professor made us think outside of the box all of the time. He will call on anyone in the class at random for an answer or an explanation on something. We had to know it or he would of known that we didn't study the material.
It just depends on the professor and their type of teaching. If you want this bad enough like I did, you would study your butt off to grasp as much info as you can. I used every ounce of time to study the material. Hence, my final GPA was 3.90. Not that I'm bragging. ha!

At our college, it is the same course the RN and pre-med students take. Haven't taken it yet, so I'm not sure how hard it is going to be.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CNA

Are You Working? No