This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NRCMA?

I cruise through the job listings all the time.. and I came across a listing.. for NRCMA... or that tested through AAMA... so whats the difference between NRCMA, and the AAMA, or is that one in the same? Is that a national registry through the AAMA? I am a recent graduate and I recently passed my RMA test, and people keep asking me if I have taken my national exam, so that I am certified in different states. Im so confused!!! So what do I want to be? lol

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes

Re: NRCMA?

Nicole
I cruise through the job listings all the time.. and I came across a listing.. for NRCMA... or that tested through AAMA... so whats the difference between NRCMA, and the AAMA, or is that one in the same? Is that a national registry through the AAMA? I am a recent graduate and I recently passed my RMA test, and people keep asking me if I have taken my national exam, so that I am certified in different states. Im so confused!!! So what do I want to be? lol

AAMA is just that, AAMA and has nothing to do with NRCMA. The AAMA offers the Certified Medical Assistant = CMA certification exam. However, when employers ask you whether you have taken your national certification exam, the answer is a loud, strong, and proud "YES". Don't hesitate for a moment, you ARE nationally certified! The RMA credential you took - provided you took it through the American Medical Technologists (AMT) is highly regarded and nationally recognized as valid, accredited documentation of your knowledge in the medical assisting field. Congratulations.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner/Forum Admin

Re: NRCMA?

So when the listing said NRCMA it was just a fancy way of saying CMA because that is a national registered test, as is RMA? Or is the NRCMA another association altogether? So since I chose to take the RMA test through AMT, and people only list for CMA's, would it benefit me to take the AAMA's version as well?

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes