This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
hmm.

I graduated from an MA school this past July and still have not found a job... I had a 3.47 GPA throughout school, perfect attendance, and not to mention my program was 1 yr. long instead of the usual 6 to 9 months. I also completed a 165 hour externship, and got nothing but positive feed back. And now, I owe $20,000 to the school in loans. Which they promised to find me a job.. well, only 3 out of the 20 people in my class are actually working.. what does that tell you...

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? No

Re: hmm.

A big pat on the back, and congratulations for such good grades. No doubt you have worked very hard. Everything you told us here should become part of your resume letter, interview presentation, and jobs search/marketing efforts. YES! Marketing efforts. On this highly competitive job market you have to have a strategy that gives you an edge.

There are work opportunities in more than just physician's offices, where medical assistants can find work. Problem is... most are not exactly sure where to look. Medial assistants can work in...

Offices of physicians (private practice offices and clinics)
Specialty and sub-specialty offices (ophthalmology, podiatry, audiology, optometry)
General medical and surgical hospitals
Offices of other health practitioners (e.g. nurse practitioners)
Outpatient care centers (e.g. family health, or women's health clinics)
Other ambulatory health care services (e.g public health clinics)

Others find work with...
Temporary help agencies
Schools
Prisons
Home healthcare agencies
Pharmacies
Chiropractors, dentists, or veterinarians
US Department of Veterans Affairs

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Forum Owner/Website Admin

Re: hmm.

Dajana
I graduated from an MA school this past July and still have not found a job... I had a 3.47 GPA throughout school, perfect attendance, and not to mention my program was 1 yr. long instead of the usual 6 to 9 months. I also completed a 165 hour externship, and got nothing but positive feed back. And now, I owe $20,000 to the school in loans. Which they promised to find me a job.. well, only 3 out of the 20 people in my class are actually working.. what does that tell you...

That tells me you went to the wrong school....but nothing can be done about that now.

Danni gave you lots of good suggestions.

Jenny

Are You Still In School? Yes