This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
scope of practice questions!?

Hi,I had my first class with the Director of the Medical Assisting program yesterday, and she went over like a checklist that students should hsve completed before we do our externships. When she was going over it, it said stuff about taking a rectal temperature (idk how in school lol?) also, she said that I will have to go with the Radiologic Technology students sometime (I ws a former RT student and really dont like the idea of seeing most of those people again especially faculty since I feel that I got a failing grade in Clinical when I dont think I should of. I however got no lower than an 85 on all my exams, they were mostly in the 90's. I was just wondering is this all the regular stuff CMA'S do? Does a CMA always draw blood?

Your Professional Title/Credentials: student

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? yes

Re: scope of practice questions!?

It varies on the job. The ortho doc I worked for had us send everything to the lab down the hall, so we never drew blood. But I know class mates who are in family medicine, they draw all the time.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA (AAMA)