This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Employers want hired New Graduates

Hello, I strolled down a read a few stories about new graduated not being hired. Will someone shed some light on this please. since my externship I only had 2 interviews that was 6 months ago. I became certfied in May of this year. Been looking for employement in this field every since. The same scenario we need experience CMA. What is the difference between AAMA and NHA certification. One of the interviewer told me I had the wrong certification. I had to take another job just to pay bills.

MY question is...............is the situation about hiring unexperience MA's nationwide. I live in Ga. Any suggestions please respond back

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Certifed Medical Assistant

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes Not in my field

Re: Employers want hired New Graduates

Hi, I am just starting the Medical Assistant Program (Associates) in WNY and was wondering the same thing. I talked to the Director of the program/my teacher and she said that there were 5 graduates last May and they all found jobs, and that you should be able make a good salary (maybe more than LPN)I am hoping this really can be true...!? She even wrote the book were using in class.

Re: Employers want hired New Graduates

I doubt you will be making more than an LPN and the salary is not good for a medical assistant, but if you can get a job that has benefits than it can be worth it; insurance is so expensive, having an employer that gives you free insurance can really make a difference in the cruddy pay...one last bill you have to worry about, and insurance is a big one!

cmm4ever
Hi, I am just starting the Medical Assistant Program (Associates) in WNY and was wondering the same thing. I talked to the Director of the program/my teacher and she said that there were 5 graduates last May and they all found jobs, and that you should be able make a good salary (maybe more than LPN)I am hoping this really can be true...!? She even wrote the book were using in class.