This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Certifications

I would like to know if a Certified Medical Assistant qualifies to work as a Certified Nurses assistant...I know that a CNA has less to do, but i would like ot be sure, cause if i cant find a MA job, i would like to have some kind of back up when i graduate.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Student

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? No

Re: Certifications

stx
I would like to know if a Certified Medical Assistant qualifies to work as a Certified Nurses assistant...I know that a CNA has less to do, but i would like ot be sure, cause if i cant find a MA job, i would like to have some kind of back up when i graduate.

First of all, CMA's and CNA's are two totally different scopes of practice. Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA) work primarily in hospitals, nursing homes and assisted living facilities. Certified Medical Assistants (CMA) work primarily in ambulatory settings (physician's offices, clinics, etc.)

If you can't find a CMA job, you may consider getting your CNA certification. It is usually just a few weeks to get it, and some facilities will pay for you to get it.

But don't give up so easily on finding a medical assisting job!

Jenny

Are You Still In School? Yes