This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Can I get a Medical Assistant to answer these?

Hi, my name is Jessica. I am about to start school to become an MA. I am filling out papers for grants and I have to "interview" someone regarding my job choice. So I was wondering if I could possible get an MA to answer these for me?? It would be much appreciated :D

Name:
Job Title:
Employer: (don't worry about this one if you don't feel comfortable)

1. What do you like best about your job?

2. What do you like least about your job?

3. How hard is it for an inexperienced person to land a job in this field?

4. What do you actually do most of the day? How do you spend your time?

5. Is this a high stress position? Do you take your job home with you?

6. What are the opportunities for advancement?

7. What does the job pay? How do you get raises?

8. Are the benefits good? Is there a retirement plan?

9. What kind of training, education, and experience would you recommend to get into this field?

10. Are there other qualifications needed for this job? (Strength, good eye sight, specific skills or abilities)

11. How stable is your job? Is it seasonal? Are layoffs expected?

12. What hours and days do you work? Do you have to spend time working outside of these hours? (preperation, maintenance of equipment, overtime, union meetings, volunteer work)

13. Do you work mostly alone or with others?

14. Does the company provide additional training as the job requirements change?

15. In addition to formal training or education, what should I be doing to prepare for this position?

Thank you in advance and I apologize for some of these dumb questions LOL

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Stay at home mom turned student

Are You Still In School? Starting Thursday

Are You Working? No

Re: Can I get a Medical Assistant to answer these?

Dear Mommajess: Sorry it has taken me so long to reply to your post. I have not been on this forum for several weeks.

You pose some quite interesting questions - NOT dumb at all. Since my answers are quite lengthy, I am sending them to you via e-mail. Anyone else on this forum who wishes to view the reply can request them through my e-mail.

My replies to each question are quite varied since I have both worked as a medical assistant, and instructed medical assistant students.

If you are compassionate, understanding, patient and have the will to work with the human body, medical assisting will be a very rewarding career for you.

Good luck with all your endeavors!!!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA, RPT

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

Hi, I am just starting my program to, so I would appreciate if you could send me those answers to. My email is cmm4ever2007@yahoo.com. THANKS!

Are You Still In School? yes

Thank you so much Suzy for answering me! I appreciate it so much :)