This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Moving out of state and signing up for cert

My family and I currently live in Michigan and will be moving to Oklahoma next month. I am finishing up my externship right now before we move so when we move, I can start applying for jobs.

My question is this...

I need to sign up for my cert exam and would like to make the deadline by Nov. 1st so I can take it in March. When you sign up to take the exam online on the AAMA website, does it give you an option of what state you will be in to take the exam even when you currently live in another state? If I wait to move to Oklahoma and then sign up, I will have to wait another month to take the cert. I would like to sign up for it now while I am here in Michigan, but take the actual cert in Oklahoma.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? externship

Re: Moving out of state and signing up for cert

Well apparently know one knew the answer to my question

BUT...I did finally get the answer and thought I would share in case anyone gets in the same situation.

I can apply for the cert here in MI. Then once I get moved, I can contact them to do a change of address so that when they send me my permit(3 weeks before my scheduled exam date) to take the cert, I can reply where I would like to take the exam.

Application is in the mail!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? externship