This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Im looking for a fast track MA to LVN program

Can Anyone help me with this please anyone know of any fast track MA to LVN programs in California??

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Phlebotomist / Medical Assistant

Are You Still In School? Yes for RN corses

Are You Working? Yes

Re: Im looking for a fast track MA to LVN program

There is no such things as an MA to LVN. MA it totally different than the LVN and you have to take all of the pre-requisites and nursing courses from the bottom up just like everyone else. You will have the advantage of having experience caring for patients. LVN programs are 1.5 years. Don't waste your money going to a private school, sign up for a JC.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RN-BSN

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes

Thanks,

but what is a JC?? I am currently taking courses for the RN requierments. what you you recomend should I keep doing that or should I take an LVN program...

Thanks again,

Rose

Are You Working? Yes

JC=JUNIOR COLLEGE.
CONTINUE WITH YOUR RN. THERE ARE MORE JOB OPERTUNITES FOR YOU AFTER GRADUATION.PLUS BETTER PAY.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: LPN(RETRIED) RMA

Thanks so much it helps hearing advice from other people...}{

I appreciate it.

Thanks,

Rose

Are You Working? Yes

I am in California too. This is what I suggest. Start taking your nursing pre-reqs and transfer courses; plan on getting really good grades and applying to a state school which goes by merit. If you have the grades you can get in much quicker than a JC that uses a lotto system, go ahead and do the full physiology and anatomy courses that are required for the RN...the LVN has physio and anatomy just for them (part of their curriculum alone) but they accept the full regular physiology and anatomy...if you happen to get into an LVN program while finishing your RN pre-reqs and transfer courses to a four year school...this way if you are working as an LVN while you are doing transfer courses you will not have to go back and take physio and anatomy (the LVN physio and anatomy does not count for the RN)...however I must mention that the LVN programs an RN at a JC programs BOTH have waiting lists, so your best bet is to focus on school, get good grades so you can get into a state school and not have to wait.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RN-BSN

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes