This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cert nationwide?

Hello everyone...I was wondering if anyone had any information about our certification being nationwide. My school has said that it is, but their information hasn't been the most accurate so far. I live in Chicago now and I will be starting my extern ship in the next few months. I will be moving back to Connecticut in Oct 2010 or sooner so just wondering once I am a RMA is that recognized everywhere?

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CNA/MA

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? No

Re: Cert nationwide?

copy and paste this link for your answer.

http://www.ct.gov/dph/cwp/view.asp?a=3121&q=399632&dphNav_GID=1821

or here what it says:

Skip to main content
Return to CT.Gov Home
Connecticut Department of Public Health
DPH Logo - Keeping CT Healthy
About UsPrograms and ServicesPublicationsFormsContact UsHome

Search

Healthcare Practitioners
Investigations/Complaints
Online License Verification
Written Verification of Licensure
Renewal Information
Contact Us
Name and Address Changes
Request a Duplicate License
General Licensing Policies
Continuing Education
Access to Medical Records
Mandatory Reporters of Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation
Requests for Mailing Lists
Licensing Statistics
DPH Main Menu

Department of Public Health
410 Capitol Avenue
Hartford, CT 06134

Phone:
(860) 509-8000

Directions

TrainCT

HIPAA

CTCLIC

CDC flu button

e-Alerts
Receive DPH news updates by e-mail.
Subscribe now or update your e-Alerts

Login

CT Residents Certified by the American Association of Medical Assistants

The provisions of Public Act 04-82 require the Department to, on or before January 1, 2005, and annually thereafter, obtain a listing from the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), of all state residents maintained on AAMA's registry and to make such listing available to the public.

Please select this link for the listing and be advised of the following:

* The Department provides this listing pursuant to Public Act 04-82;
* The presence of an individual on this list does not in any way constitute an endorsement by the Department;
* In no event shall the Department be liable for any decision made or action taken in reliance on this data;
* The list was obtained from the AAMA. For information regarding certification requirements or other information pertaining to the AAMA, please contact AAMA directly:

American Association of Medical Assistants
20 North Wacker Drive, Suite 1575
Chicago, IL 60606

Content Last Modified on 11/19/2007 1:40:32 PM

Printable Version

Home | CT.gov Home | Send Feedback

State of Connecticut Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. Copyright © 2002-2007 State of Connecticut.
Left Corner Photos by Jack McConnell.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: LPN(RETRIED) RMA

Yeah that didn't help very much only because I am not taking my exam with the AAMA I will be taking it with the AMT....the state websites are so hard to navigate around any way. Maybe you could just tell me if your certification is accepted nationwide or not

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CNA/MA

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? No

mine is national but i'm registered thru the arma
AMERICAN REGISTRY OF MEDICAL ASSISTANTS.
in conn. they want you cert. thru aama which give you the title CMA.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: LPN(RETRIED) RMA

Hi there, I know the one I belong to reconized all over the country. I belong to (NCCT). I'm a NCMA...they are just as good as the AAMA. The only thing is you have to renew your cerification every year you can do it online for 14hr. and it cost 77.00 Dollars or you send them a check or money order or can use a credit card. I believe online is the best way and they let you know online if passed the test or not right after your done with the test and if your employer has annual CEU's then you might be able to apply them to your recertification for your Medical Assistant. You can find them online at ncctinc.com. I hope that helped.

God bless,
Matt Edler, NCMA

Your Professional Title/Credentials: NCMA, CNA

Are You Still In School? No.

Are You Working? Yes.

I attended a 780 hr course in MA in NY (Mon-Fri 830-330)and the MA exams were offered through the National Healthcare Association (www.nhanow.com). I do not hear of anyone else using this agency and was wondering why everyone recommends AAMA or AMT? I paid for each exam separately (CCMA, CMAA, CBCS) and my instructor also states that it is recognized nationally. NY, as I understand it, dos not allow MA's to give injections/meds because MA's are not licensed. Does anyone have any feedback on this?

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA, CMAA, CBCS

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? No

Where in NY ? Just wondering bc im from Buffalo,Ny

Are You Still In School? yes