This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MEDICAL ASSISTANTS

Hello everyone!!! It is so good to here about the excitement in becoming a Medical Assistant! As a former MA Instructor, I always made motivating students my 1st priority. As long as you stay positive about what you are about to embark on in this career, the opportunities can be endless! I should know!!! I am going on my 21st year as a practicing Certified Medical Assistant. I have learned so much in this amount of time and I'm still learning. I'm in my 3rd year at the University Of Phoenix to obtain a BS degree in Health Administration.
I intend to continue on after this degree. I work full-time with the Philadelphia Health Dept. 9 yrs. and part-time with a private ambulance company, so for you future MA's, if you dream it, you can achieve it!!!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA (AAMA), EMT-B, CPR INSTRUCTOR/AHA, ADVISORY BOARD MEMBER FOR THOMPSON INSTITUTE & LINCOLN TECH

Are You Still In School? Yes. University of Phoenix/Philadelphia Campus

Are You Working? Yes, PHILADELPHIA DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH/HEALTH CTR. #4

Re: MEDICAL ASSISTANTS

Happy Halloween, I'm really happy you been a CMA for such a long time and I'm glad to see there a positive message on here a lot of these forums for Medical Assistants are so negative. I mean no disrescept to any Medical Assistants out there. It's no wonder that alot of you folks can't find jobs. You need to be positive in the first place and see yourself being a Medical Assistant already and working the ideal job and making the wage you want to be making right now. You believe this 24/7 and that job will come to you. Now please remember you also have to work hard at it and want to do it always. I also would like to say if you want to get the best training your money will buy...you will get out it what you put into it. I wish you all the best and good luck with your education.

God bless,
Matt Edler, NCMA, CNA

Your Professional Title/Credentials: NCMA, CNA

Are You Still In School? No.

Are You Working? Yes.

Re: MEDICAL ASSISTANTS

I'm glad to see this positive post too!! I really hate reading all the negative stuff on here.

I am one that also believes that I will get out of my education exactly what I put into it. I know it is more than just getting good grades, but having an open mind and a willing attitude to learn and experience as much as possible.

I will NOT give up until I get exactly what I want!!

Are You Still In School? Yes