This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Why are people from south of the border allowed to work as Medical Assistants?

Hello there, I have a question? Why is it that people from south of the border are getting hired to work as Medical Assistants when first of all they are not here legally and second they are being Certified and have never have gone to school to be Medical Assistants and then they are making more money than Americans. I'm from this country and I had to go to school and pay for it. What's up with that? Thank you and good luck to all you American MA's,

Matt Edler, NCMA

Your Professional Title/Credentials: NCMA, CNA

Are You Still In School? No.

Are You Working? Yes.

Re: Why are people from south of the border allowed to work as Medical Assistants?

Matt:
how can they get certified without going to s accredited school.all ceft.agency have a requirements before you take the exam that your schools you grad from are ceft. thru certain educational agency's.if your facts are right sounds like there's some type of fraud going on.
most cases illegals will work for less money than American workers.
next you'll have to blame the people who are hiring this people.
this is my opinion.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA-LPN

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? volunteering

Re: Why are people from south of the border allowed to work as Medical Assistants?

Don't assume because they are Mexican and have poor English that they are not legal. One must graduate from an accredited school and have citizenship to be certified.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RN-BSN

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes

Hi there, Thank you for your reply's. I can prove this and its right here in Utah right in Salt Lake City. I was just new out College and I was working for a Nursing Agency and my first assignment was to go work at this clinic on the west side of the valley and was for 9.00 per hour...to make a long story short I knew what I was doing and the young that was there didn't know anything and the Charge Nurse that told she liked my knowledge and the skills I had for being brand new and the other person there was getting 12.00 per hour and sat on her but most of the time talking to other ladies the whole day and I worked my but off that day. Icontacted my supervisor about this and nothing was done and so I called the (B.B.B.). They did nothing. I'm not being racist here but if I was hurt real bad and I had to have someone work on me untrained...I would rather work on myself and I mean no disrescept to any Medical Assistants, Nurses, Other Medical Professionals out there. Thank you for writing back.

Sincerely,
Matt Edler, NCMA

Are You Working? Yes.

Hi there Mitch, It's true I just posted a new message on here that tells a little bit what happened to me...what I'm saying is true and I don't know how they're doing it but they are. I know you went to school to get to where are now and you worked very hard at it right? Well I did as well and if you would like to check out my status go to (NCCT.INC). Thats for my NCMA Certification and my CNA is with the state of Utah...CNA's here in Utah have to register to be able to work here in Utah. Mitch if you would like to email me I can be reached at (matthew08@q.com) I can more with you more indepth there with about this matter. Thank you for your time and have a good night.

Sincerely,
Matt Edler, NCMA

Are You Working? Yes.

I am surprise to see how naive you are. i cannot see how the American government would allow unqualified people to work in the Medical Field. I am in the UK and I know the national health here take people who are qualified. I feel that you must be misinformed

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Nursing

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? yes