This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
help...HOW TO PAY FOR SCHOOL?

Hi, the college I go to is pretty expensive (private catholic college)and I was wondering if anyone could tell me of any scholarships or grants out there that I can apply for? I am really getting worried because I need to find something for next semester in January!!! The financial aid office really hasnt helped me much...and its frustrating...I have 2 semesters left after this one and wanted to be able to finish!!! Thanks

Re: help...HOW TO PAY FOR SCHOOL?

At the college I went to they had program grants offered through the deans office, many program grants went unclaimed, very few applied for them.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA (AAMA)

Have you checked out loans? This is a popular site for student loans:

www.staffordloan.com

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CNA/MA

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? no

Im trying not to take out loans,my bank account is alot smaller than it was before because im always at school and/or doing school work, so I dont have much income now. Also, I had a presidential scholarship through the college but it ends this semester, and I have 2 semesters left!!! Its a big difference bc I was getting a $1000 and the financial aid office wasnt much help yet I have to try and talk to them again. Before they said all aid money has been exhausted for the college. I even went online to the websites my school had listed, I found one for disadvantaged students and it said to ask in the financial aid office, and I did and they didnt even know anything about it so, I have to talk to them again. On top of all of this has been a REALLY BAD year for my family and I. My graNdmas doctor just told us she has a week or two to live (she just turned 70)and its a bad time plus its the end of the semester with all the finals. THANK YOU IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME OUT IN ANY WAY..I LIVE IN BUFFALO,NY

Sorry to hear about your family troubles. Do you know if you qualify for a PELL GRANT? Most low income students can get it.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CNA/MA

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? no

I do qualify for Pell but I am however, still having trouble finding the rest of the money to pay. My grandma just passed away Friday, so the last week or so, has been crazy. I still have to call financial aid again, and I have alot of school work to make up because I was trying to spend as much time with my grandma as possible, especially at the end. I am happy that I got to be with her at the end.