This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I LOVE THIS THREAD !!

I am so happy to have found this thread on this forum !!
I am constantly asking myself if I'm too old to be changing careers. Although in my heart I know I am not, I cannot help but question it from time to time.
I am 41 and will be just have turned 43 when I graduate school. I have chosen Medical Assisting over a few other professions I was considering. I am very happy with my decision. I begin school in two weeks. I am sooo nervous and scared that I won't do well. Being out of the classroom for 20+ years makes me feel this way.
I do feel a bit better now having come here and reading about all of you doing well and feeling confident.
Good luck to all of you !!!
I know I'm going to need it !!

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? no

Re: I LOVE THIS THREAD !!

Hi there, Its hard at first...it does get better in the long run of your courses. Just try not to miss any days and do your home work and turn it in on time. You will learn something new everyday...but don't give up. There will good and bad days. Merry Christmas and good luck in your journey.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA, NCMA, (NCCT), CNA

Are You Still In School? No.

Are You Working? Yes.

You are right down the middle as far as I can tell.

Half my class was right out of high school, the other half was near 50ish or more.

No worries

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA (AAMA)

I just graduate from Medical Assisting this last June and Medical Terminology in August. AND I AM 51 and have been out of school for 30+ yrs. I was a stay at home mom, but helped my husband with his business. And I just wanted to wish you all the luck in the world and if I can do so can you.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA

Are You Still In School? No

You can do it!! I'll be 45 when I graduate this summer. I am so excited about this career!!

Jenny