This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hard decision

Hey everyone, i'm new on here. I have a very hard decision to make come august, at my community college Medical assisting and Surgical Tech programs start.
I'm having a hard time deciding wich one to do!! I know surgical tech requires Microbiology, and thats kind of making me lean toward MA.
I'm all about hard work, but not if it isn't worth it in the end. Is the job worth it? How hard was it to make it through the schooling? ...
Thanks!

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes

Re: Hard decision

Hi there, How you doing? Those are some great choices your making and thry both sound good. I would suggest just go with what you want to do. Years from now you can always go to the other career field of your choice. I do know that there are a lot of Medical Assistants out there...I don't hear to much about Sugical Tech jobs out there. What ever you do good like in journey and God bless.

Sincerely,
Matt Edler, NCMA, (NCCT), CNA

Your Professional Title/Credentials: NCMA, (NCCT), CNA

Are You Still In School? No.

Are You Working? Yes.

Re: Hard decision

DadsLP,

I would suggest finding folks who are doing those jobs and interviewing them.

Also, ask the program adviser at your school to put you in touch with recent graduates and interview them too.

Before I began the MA program, I was required to interview at least 3 MAs. It was an eye opener, each person I interviewed had different prospective on what they did.

Good luck!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA (AAMA)