This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking for Medical Assistants to Interview for Research Study

If you work in a physician’s office arranging appointments and preparing insurance claims, I would like to talk to you!

I am conducting academic research on the relationship between insurance coverage and health provider access. Participation in this research includes a one hour interview (in person or by phone) focusing on procedures at your office for making appointments, filing insurance claims and arranging referrals. A very short follow up phone call may be required for any clarification. Although interviews will be taped, your name will be kept confidential and I do not need to know the name of your employer.

A small fee is available to participants who can provide useful information for the study. If interested, please contact me via e-mail.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Graduate Student

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? Yes

Re: Looking for Medical Assistants to Interview for Research Study

I'm not thinking I can be of much help for your research, but I would be interested in the process and results of your study.

My experience with this process has been dictated by the clinic or corporation management, not the individual Physician. In my area there are few Physicians who fit the old, single provider, model.

Something to remember: it is easy to fire your doctor. it is much harder and more complex for a doctor to fire a patient and insurance usually has nothing to do with the decision to ask them to seek another provider for their care.

The only example I can think of for your study is: one of the clinics in the area doesn't accept new medicare patients, old (current) patients who become medicare eligible and no longer have private insurance continue to be cared for. Another large health care provider has followed suit. I'm not sure where these folks are supposed to get seen, our area is dominated by these two companies.

Another source for information is to contact a community college in your area that has an MA training program. The instructors will know all about the insurance process and will likely have up to date information, we took a class on it for at least one term that I can remember.

Good luck
jeff

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA (AAMA)

Are You Working? Yes

jefff

Another source for information is to contact a community college in your area that has an MA training program. The instructors will know all about the insurance process and will likely have up to date information, we took a class on it for at least one term that I can remember.

Good luck

jeff

I like these ideas and suggestions. Esp. contacting a local Community College as a source of info. I hope the person who posted this came back to read your answer. Seems like there was no further comment. Oh, well. The nature of public forums. People come and go.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Admin/Site Owner

Danni: Yes, these were useful ideas and I thanked Jeff by private e-mail. Are you a Medical Assistant, and, if so, are you interested in participating?

Regards,
Marc
Joffemd@yahoo.com

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Graduate Student

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? Yes

That's awesome, and I am glad to hear it. We have some great people here, and I am glad you joined us. A thank you via PM/e-mail is great.

Danni

Marc Joffe
Danni: Yes, these were useful ideas and I thanked Jeff by private e-mail. Are you a Medical Assistant, and, if so, are you interested in participating?

Regards,
Marc
Joffemd@yahoo.com

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Admin/Site Owner