This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
should I take the job?

I finished school for medical assisting in 2007 and have found a job for a family practice but the doctor that runs it says because of the economy he can only pay minimum wage untill things pick up, should I take it as it is experience?

i work at Best buy now makeing 9hr but this is a foot in the door, i live in Michigan so i know things are hard

please give me some advice let me know what to do

Re: should I take the job?

Is this your first time getting an offer since 2007? I would take it. Can you keep your Best Buy job for weekends? I am a new grad RN that just got laid off in this ecomony. The place I was working at had to cut back; since I was the last one hired I was the first one to go. I got offered a job at a different hospital with significantly less pay. I will for sure be taking it. I am going to have to drive a lot farther and get paid less but I am still going to be employed, and there are a lot of new RNs that can not say that-- so I am grateful for the job all together.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: BSN-RN, PHN, CLD-CBI, CCMA-C

Are You Working? Yes

Lisa, In this economy... take the job, Heartsopenwide is right. Once you have experience you can pick and choose.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA (AAMA)

take the job to gain some valuable experience.
this will help you in future if you decide to change jobs.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: R.M.A.-L.P.N.(RETIRED)

Lisa- This just may be your foot in the door! The economy is starting to pick up slowly, so I would take it... Great expierence too!! Good Luck

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Medical Assistant

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? No