This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Preparing For Certification

Good Morning Everyone-

I just graduated for School for Medical Assisting and would like to know if anyone can give me some recommendations on some books to study for my certification.....

I would appreciate it, thanks

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Medical Assistant

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? No

Re: Preparing For Certification

Im sorry I do not have an answer, but if you find a good book can you please post about it? I am looking for "the best" 1 book to buy. I am supposed to be graduating next semester and go to an expensive school but I feel like Im takin alot of classes such as sociology etc. that are wasting my time.My main "medical assistant" classes I have not even learned how to do much yet....I just hope it all works out...I cant believe the college is really expensive though.

I sure will, np! So are you taking any Lab, Theory, Computers or any of that? I went to an acredited Career College and the course was 8 Months and cost me about $9500.00.. I learned so much!!

Are You Working? No

Hi, I do not even know where to start with my college it is so disorganized and has given me a lot of trouble unfortunately so sorry if long! Yes all of that is in the degree audit I go to Trocaire college it is an accredited private catholic college and I am supposed to be graduating in the fall with an Associates. The college is very expensive but I have had problems but I stayed because I had some aid through the school. I have to take like useless classes in my opinion such as philosophy and sociology etc. I feel my timed is consumed with those kinds of courses and in my medical assistant lab/clinical classes I have not learned much at all! I started the program last semester (total of 3 instead of 4 since I had alot of classes done before). I guess there was some sort of discrepancy so there was like 2 of us in the "main classs" that was supposed to be clinical based blood pressure etc. The other girl didnt even show up really so I had very little practice. Now this semester the main class is labratory based urinalysis, finger ***** etc. and there are more girls but I do not even know if the teacher will even cover what I missed out on last semester!? I just feel like I have been at this college too long and just want to graduate but I hope I get the practice. I do not know what they do with all the money certainly do not have a real practice room or many materials for us. To top it off this semester they canceled 3 of my courses at the very last minute with last minute notification. So that messed up so much, after getting the run around at the school they came up with a partial solution but a lot is still messed up. Now I am left with 17 credit hours to take during the fall (supposed to be graduating then)which I know is going to be too much especially with externship etc. I am hoping they offer one of the classes I need during the summer so I wont have to take so much in the fall! They usually do not even offer these during the summer either so idk. I just found out all of my financial aid/scholarships will not pay though since I have to be full time for those :( I just do not know what to do anymore?1 Any suggestions? Sorry so LONG! Thanks

Are You Still In School? yes

Congrats on graduating!! I graduated on January 28th and just found a job. I start in a few days!! I am studying for my cert;the book I'm using is "Kaplan Medical Assistant Exam Review". I have the second edition, published in 2009. So far, it seems to be very helpful. Try that one & see how you like it. Good luck to you in your job search and cert!!!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA

Are You Working? Yes

Awesome Thank you so much for the info and Congrats on finding a job! I hear the job market is tough.. I will try that book! Have a nice day

Are You Working? No