This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jobs from your externship

I am wondering if the best bet for getting a job is from an externship? Seems I am reading lots of negative things about getting hired, and this may be the only way I am hired. Any opinions, plus I live in Montana where we are slowly dying economy wise, I know others are too.

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? No

Re: Jobs from your externship

I know I passed this piece of advise onto someone else in another post, but I think its the best advice I have ever received. Just keep in mind as you do your externship, its the longest job interview you will ever go through. I kept that in mind and two weeks after I finished my externship, they hired me on fulltime but on a temp basis. To this day, I'm still working there. Just keep yourself busy at all times when the workload is slow. Things that I did during slow periods was help with boxing up old charts, sterlizing surgical instruments, learning front office skills, which has paid off for me. Show them that you are a teamplayer and that their team cannot operate without you. Good luck!!!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Ma

Are You Still In School? NO

Are You Working? yes

Russ, I have quoted your advice at the Cert Med Assistant main site, and hope you don't mind! You can check it here: http://www.certmedassistant.com/successful-ma-externship.html

Thank you for your continued participation and sharing what you have learned helping others.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner/Forum Admin

Thank you Danni. I know I don't visit this site as much as I would like to, but when I feel compelled to pop in with something that will be of help to anyone, I feel its my responsibility to do so. It only will help us all grow as we move forward.
Thanks for the recognition.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Ma

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes

Re: externship

i my name isatu conteh i will to do my extermsip for 2 week please me know if u need me call me at 408-509-3269 thank u

Your Professional Title/Credentials: medical

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? no

Your saying has inspired me and I too have used your quote and references to your quote to my class mates to help them have a different aspect on there externship site. Thanks for quote and i hope you do not mine me passing this quote on with your reference to your site.

Thanks for the inspiration it will be with me through my externship and my working days to come.

Sarah B.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Full time student @ Kaplan University/ Studing Assoeate in Medical Assisting

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? no not yet; but hoping to be soon after my externship.