This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Great Job!

Congratualtions to you all! You should be very proud of your accomplishments. I have held numerous positions of leadership and office managment historically and I commend you all for getting your credentials. Be proud of them what ever they are. I look to hire MAs over LPN/LVNs for their flexibility and vast clinical skill sets. They are comfortable in both the front and back office making them an invaluable member of the health care team in my office and the health care industry alike. If you are having a hard time locating a position, maybe look to the out patient arena. Many office managers are NOT clinically based and don't know the value of an MA. I have been in the military and out and every Corpsman I saw atrite did not do so without their MA certification so that they could seek ready re-employment with in our system, and they were immediately hired where ever they applied. Military experience and VA experience is invaluable. But your experience and skill sets you all possess are just as valuable to me, the office manager. Keep looking and marketing yourselves. It's just a matter of time until the clinic managers of today realize what a treasure they have in hiring an MA into their practice! Kudos to you all!
JCB

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RN, BSN, MSN

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes