This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Getting Office managers to take notice of MA's

I am like so many in the thread, "No wonder where not getting hired", as so many of us MA's are coming out of training and finding our colleges and universities haven't prepared us for not having prior experience. My university is accredited by ABHES.
I have been doing everything correct regarding submitting cover letters boasting of my credentials, competencies, perfect attendance, 3.8 GPA, and volunteerism in several stages.
But, still, have only had 1 interview which hasn't developed into a job. I plan to take things to the next level and walk my resume around, as one suggested, and put that personal touch on my presentation to the Office Manager. We'll see where this leads to. I can't consider taking more classes to upgrade my education, as I still need to replace my $15k to my savings. I'm a 55 yr. old female and need to be working to save for my retirement in the near future. If I spend more time in classes, by the time I complete them, I could have been earning back my previous classes costs.
I have submitted my resume through my student services at my university and am in hopes that this will uncover some possible job interviews which leads to employment. Most of my classmates I have kept in touch with; I can't think of any that are employed currently in the medical field. One student was hired from her 2 month externship, but just recently has been laid off after only working 5 months. This is so frustrating after all the hard work I have applied to this late in life endeavor.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA, CET, CPT, CPR & AED

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? No

Re: Getting Office managers to take notice of MA's

Florida RMA,
I would LOVE for you to keep us posted, even if you add just a brief line as to what additional ideas you have come up, and how your interviews turned out. I wish you all the best and success you deserve, and hope you will show us all that 55 is only a number. You can do it.

Danni

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner/Forum Admin

Re: Getting Office managers to take notice of MA's

Thank you Danni R, for your encouragement and also this forum to express our joys and frustrations as MA's! I would be very happy to post another progress report in my job searches as news becomes available. In the meantime, I wish everyone here well and much success in their jobs searches! If there are any productive ideas out there for acquiring job experience, please share them? I'm also considering volunteering for extra training.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA, CET, CPT, CPR & AED

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? No