This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Externship

I am on disability for severe asthma and was informed by my physician that I can only do 10 - 15 hours on my externship. My school has pretty much told me that it is up to me to find my own extern site. I don't really know where to start looking. So far I have been turned down where I have looked because they won't accept anything less than 20 hours. What do I do? I need to do my externship in order to receive my degree. Please help!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Student

Are You Still In School? Yes. Looking for externship site

Are You Working? no

Re: Externship

I would do the minimum of 20 hours which is nothing...I have to do 120 or 160 I think on top of my classes which I do not know how I will be able to! Your doctor cant really stop you, whats 5 more hours you can do a few a week, but Im not sure your circumstances