This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thank you card to externship

Hello everyone!! This site is great, I have found a lot of great information. I just have one question.

I just recently finished my externship, my site said I did a wonderful job and was more motivated than any other student they have seen. They didnt have a position to offer me but did ask if I would be willing to do per diem for now.

Anywho, my question is, Is it okay to send a thank you note to your externship site?? I am thankful for everything that they taught me but I dont want to seem like I am pleading for a job or being tacky!

Thanks,

Angel :)

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? No

Re: Thank you card to externship

The last day of my externship, I brought a basket of Hershey kisses with a note in it.

I don't think it is tacky at all.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA (AAMA)

Hi.

I completed my externship a month or so ago, and did send a thank you. I thought the same thing...didn't want to seem desperate for a job. It was taken well, and I was told to use the clinic as a reference. I also sent two other thank you's to a couple of the doctors who were especially helpful with training. You never know...if you send a thank you, the next time one of them has a collegue needing an MA, your thank you note may pop in their mind!!! Good Luck!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Medical Assistant, NCMA

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

Thanks for your input!! Im glad now that I sent it! :)

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? No