This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Externship placement not up 2 Part,Am I wrong or What?

Hi there, To learn old school style is really great. It makes you more stronger, that you will know how to do both styles of your craft. That's such a blessing. I will put it this way there will be a day that the computers will break down and you will have to do everything manually and you have a leg up on the rest of those MA's that no experience with doing everything manually. Everything happens for a reason. I'm sorry you felt like you didn't learn anything, but things are revealed to us in such ways that we should welcome it and learn from it. There are jobs out there yours will come in such a way to you. That it will surprise you. May God be with you.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: NCMA, (NCCT), CNA

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? Yes

Re: Externship placement not up 2 Part,Am I wrong or What?

I agree with Matt. On first job, they will hire you based on your training, experience, and attitude. If the externship site gave you a good review, and perhaps a letter of recommendation, then that is a huge plus. Knowing how to doing things the old way is a tremendous plus for the exact reason Matt mentioned. It is the foundation beneath the modern way, which you have also learned and practiced in your clinical and admin lab (classroom). Now that you have all this under your belt, make sure you thank the externship site, ask whether they will recommend you, if a possible employer requests a verbal or written recommendation, and aim for your certification. School is OVER! Don't look back. Your focus is you 1st new job.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner/Forum Admin