This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: need to find independent internship?

Wow, that certainly is going to be a challenge. Without giving names... did you go to a vocational training institute, community college, or online program to get your training.

AmyMA
My program did not offer an externship component, and I am having a very hard time getting into a private practice to gain the experience needed. Does anyone know of a site that lists clinics in the LA area or could point me in the right direction? I am in a complete stand still here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner/Forum Admin

Re: need to find independent internship?

I went to a occupational center, which has been around for a long time. However, they had two tracks; the one I took was evenings (I have a young son) and did not have the externship. The instructor, nor school mentioned at anytime needing this prior to getting job placement. I tried contacting them to see if I could get in touch with the externship they provide for the other track and they offer no help at all.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? No