This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: No wonder so many can't find a job

I need help and guidance as I would be starting this MA programme and Billing and Coding all together so I can get an upperhand.The Adult education center I am enrolling have the front office MA course for 8 weeks monday-thursday and after then with a better grade help with placement for externship and this motivated me into doing it.I hope this is helpful as I need more advise so I don't get discouraged with not getting a job after the course.I am male.

Emeka
Ventura county

Your Professional Title/Credentials: None yet

Are You Still In School? about to

Are You Working? No

Hey there! Putting my 2 cents in as some one who works for a University with a CAAHEP accredited MA Diploma program...Suzanne, I agree completely. In my experience, although brief, the reason students aren't hired (or selected for internships) is not due to a lack of knowledge or skill but because of poor skills in areas such as such as professionalism.

On another note, my personal opinion as a consumer is that people want to hire MAs with experience because they realize that the MA will make or break the practice. They have more contact with the patient than any other person in the office including the doctor. The same goes for front desk. When is the last time you saw an ad for medical front office that didn't require experience?

FYI, I'm not an MA but I do place them in internships and have extensive contact with the local health care community.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Regional Health Professions Internship Manager

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? Yes

just wondering if anyone attened school at the salter school fallriver??? i went the other day for information and i am real excited to go in sept...the made out a montly payment through sally mae......It will cost 11,ooo......Can anyone let me know if this is way too high........the classes run day time 4 days a week 830am to 230pm...the schol is small and real close to work so i can go right after class.....i just dont want to spend crazy money if i dont have too.......thanks sheilla

Your Professional Title/Credentials: cna

Are You Working? yes

$11,000 is alot of $$$ to be an MA. Careful...the career counselors at these schools make bonuses off of your enrollment! Is there a community college nearby with MA program? Many of us wish we went through LPN program instead for much less money and a license when it's all done. I have no respect for these private schools which charge such high fees so we can make $10.00/hr.and credits which do not transfer. Read through all the posts before you sign on.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Just left after 1 year-interviewing now

At our school, AAS in MA is 2 yrs. @ 1,182 per quarter. This is the price no matter what degree. The lpn is a year here. Yes it is cheaper, but I don't wanna be nurse so...2 years it is.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Student Medical Assitant/Pharmacy tech @ walmart

Are You Working? yes

I totally agree with how hard it is to find a job as an MA. Fortunately for me I was hired at the sight where I did my externship. However, I work my but off too. The doctors I work for are a father and son and the mother is the office manager. Trust me, they watch every move I make. My pay is now 11/hr, I started at 10/hr, I've been with them a year now. They offer health insurance only for myself which they pay full. It's great, better than what I was doing before. I was a hairstylist for 23yrs and was tired of working for people who didn't offer benefits. I always had the dream of becoming a nurse. So, I took this route and am taking classes to fulfill that dream. I did work as a CNA one I got my certification from the MA school. It does help to get a job as an MA, at least it shows some experience. I may sound like th job I have is great, and it is at times, but the older doctor is a grouch and he yells, and I don't like that. There is no reason to talk to people like that. Just because they make a lot of money and he lives in a very expensive neighbor hood driving his mercedes doesn't give him the right to yell at me.... gracee

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA/CNA

Are You Working? yes

I live in Tennessee and i have seen the same problem with needing the experience. However i have chosen to go forward in my choosing of the Medical assistant. When i do finish my school i will have a associate degree in applied science . Hopefully that will help me on finding a job.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Attending Medical assistant school

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? no

I have been looking around for a MA job....and it is HARD! Either you have to have experience or you no one here has even heard of us!! What do I do? There are MAs out there in the work field giving us students a bad rep! I really hope that I can find a job so that I didn't just do this for nothing!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA

Are You Working? not yet!

You are so right a facility will hire a rn or lpn w/o any experience but not a MA. Another thing i always see posted for MA positons is emplyoyers wanting MA's 2 have more than a 2 year degree or a 4 year degree. What MA you know has a 4 year degre. If i had a 4 year degree i would'nt be MA, i would be a nurse or something else higher in the medical field. I've been a CNA for 2 years and part of me wants 2 go back 2 being one. Im at the position now where i can demand $12 and up. Most Office want 2 offer me $8 or $9 a hour cause i have no experience. Thats rediculous!!! for all the work a MA has 2 do and all you can offer is $8. So even with CNA backround its hard

Your Professional Title/Credentials: HHA, CNA, MA

Are You Still In School? NO

Are You Working? NO

I AM CURRENTLY WORKING AT EMORY HEALTHCARE WHERE THE SALARY IS MUCH LOWER THAN ANY OTHER HOSP IN THE METRO ATLANTA AREA, MA'S IN MY CURRENT DEPARTMENT ARE NOT RESPECTED WEITHER YOU ARE CERTIFIED OR NOT WE CARRY THE LOAD IN OUR DEPARTMENT AND WORK VERY HARD HOWVEER THE I AM FIDING THAT THE DOWNSIDE FOR AS LOOKING FOR EMPLOYMENT WAS THAT MC MA, CMA, OR RMA DOESN'T FALL UP UNDER ALLIED HEALTH THAT MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE IWOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHY I THINK WHAT WOULD MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE IF WE HAD A NATION WIDE UNION LIKE THE NURSES AND OTHER SUCH PROFESSIONS ALIKE.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CERT MED ASST/ CERT PHLEB TECH

Are You Still In School? NO

Are You Working? YES

I JUST WANTED TO SAY I, I HAVE BEEN IN THE HEALTH FEILD FOR 11 YEARS FIRST AS A NURSE AIDE, SECOND A MEDICATION AIDE, AND NOW NATIONAL REGISTERED CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT. A BIG TITLE WITH WITH NO BIG PLACE TO GO! I SPENT ALMOST A YEAR LOOKING FOR A MEDICAL ASSISTANT JOB WITH ONLY FOUR INTERVIEWS AND FINALLY ONE JOB. I WORKED THERE FOR ALMOST A YEAR UNTIL I GOT FED UP WITH A LVN AND NURSE AIDE WHO WERE ALWAYS TRYING TO ACT LIKE THEY WERE BETTER THAN ME. THE PAY WHEN I STARTED WAS 50 CENTS LESS THEN WHAT I MADE AS A NURSE AIDE AND I WAS ALWAYS GOING TO OUR SURROUNDING CLINICS WHEN THEY WERE SHORT STAFFED BECAUSE I WAS THE ONLY ONE WILLING TO DO IT. I FINALLY BLEW UP AT BOTH THE NURSE AIDE AND LVN AND DID NOT GO BACK. I TOLD THEM THAT I DID NOT KNOW WHAT MADE THEM FEEL SO SPECIAL BUT THAT I HAD JUST AS MUCH KNOWLEDGE IN THE HEALTH FIELD AS THEY DID AND IF THEY HAD A PROBLEM, THEY COULD SHOVE IT WHERE THE SUN DOESN'T SHINE. I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM ALL TROUGH OUT MY EXTERNSHIP WITH THE ER, HEART HOSPITAL, AND OB/GYN. THE ONLY PLACE THAT WAS NICE TO ME AND REALLY WANTED TO SHOW ME SOMETHING WAS THE LAB IN THE HOSPITAL. I HAVE FINALLY DECIDED TO BACK FOR RN IF I CAN. I RECIEVED ASSISTANCE THROUGH THE WORKFORCE INVESTMENT ACT FOR MY MEDICAL ASSISTANT SCHOOL BECAUSE I AM A SINGLE MOTHER OF FOUR, SO NOW I DON'T KNOW IF I WILL BE ABLE TO GET ANY HELP TO GO BACK. I AM SO MAD BECAUSE I COULD HAVE WENT AHEAD AND USED THAT HELP TO GO FOR LVN, BUT BECAUSE EVERYONE WAS TELLING ME HOW THEY WOULD BE REPLACING LVN'S WITH MEDICAL ASSISTANTS ETC., I ENDED UP WASTING TIME AND MONEY! IF ANYONE WHO IS READING THIS IS THINKING ABOUT GOING FOR MEDICAL ASSISTANT, DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: N.R.C.M.A

Are You Working? No

just wondering if anyone attened school at the salter school fallriver??? i went the other day for information and i am real excited to go in sept...the made out a montly payment through sally mae......It will cost 11,ooo......Can anyone let me know if this is way too high........the classes run day time 4 days a week 830am to 230pm...the schol is small and real close to work so i can go right after class.....i just dont want to spend crazy money if i dont have too.......thanks sheilla

Hi Sheila

I'm going to go to school for RMA in a school that is accredited by ABHES and the course is 15 months and I will have my Associates degree. Now $11,000.00 dollars is too much. Where I'm going to attend it's $5,000.00 per semester and it's 2 semesters in a year. So its $10,000 dollars. Okay the point is is that Financial Aide and another program in NY is going to pay 80% of my tuition. I believe it's because it's a College. Hope this helps a little

Your Professional Title/Credentials: For the moment House Wife

Are You Still In School? am going in May

Are You Working? No

To be honest,anything over a few thousand is too much but only because there is such a big chance you will not find a job. Of course the school will tell you otherwise and 9 times out of 10 it is a blatant lie. Where I went it was $10,000 and a Pell grant covered $4000,their limit for the time span,so that meant a government loan picked up the rest-until 6 months after classes ended and the loan payments started up. Imagine yourself in the not too distant future writing a check every month for training that you cannot put to use due to the many reasons why it is so HARD to get a job in this field.

Are You Working? No

Hi Been There

I agree with you. Sorry you had to go threw that I am fortunate that i only have to pay $2,000.00 when I'm done, But i know what you are going threw, because I went to school for Cosmetology 5yrs ago and till today I'm paying back the student loan. So I guess were on the same boat

Your Professional Title/Credentials: For the moment House Wife

Are You Still In School? am going in May

Are You Working? No

Yeah,a bigger emphasis has to be put on how LONG you will be paying. It can be a hardship even with finding work but imagine not being able to,which as more and more are proving is becoming the norm in this field. Not to mention the high interest rate and you will discover after a year of making big payments that you haven't made a dent on the balance.

Are You Working? No

thanks everyone for the reply.. i did some homework on the pricing.. the local college has offered the medical assiting course for half which means 6,000 for monday through friday finish in 6 months. not bad compared to 12,000 4 days a week......so i think i may due the 6,000 college one. maybe its all in the name on where you go... Salter school has been around for 30 something years but its a fancy school with a pricy tag.. thanks sheilla

Your Professional Title/Credentials: cna

Are You Working? yes full time

Wow! I recently started reading your postings while I am in a medical assisting program in Georgia. I am in my 7th month with 4 more to go, less my externship and have already found a job with a dynamic practice. They are willing to help me with school and augment my classroom setting with the hands on experience all are screaming for. I do have to say however that one must be ones own advocate. I look around my classes and see a lot of people who have no buisness in that program or any other for that matter. You will always have to sell yourself on your own merits not a piece of paper. I have a 4.0 GPA and have worked hard to apply myself in class and I feel fortunate to have landed such a great opportunity this early in a new career. Where there is a will there is always a way!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA student

Are You Working? just got hired

Wow, Rainman!!! That's great! You have worked extra hard, and it shows. Employers like people that are serious about their career.

From your nickname, are you a male medical assistant!?

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner/Site Admin

Yes I am a 47 year old male who made the decision for a career change in April of this year. I don't see people being part of the solution instead of part of the problem. I know my situation may be unique but you have to really take this field seriously if you want hiring people to take you serious.

WELL WHAT CAN I SAY, I FELL I WENT TO SCHOOL FOR NOTHING I HAVE A PASSION FOR THE MEDICAL FIELD AND KNOW FOR A FACT THAT IM GOING BACK TO SCHOOL TO BECOME A LPN. I WENT TO REMINGTON COLLEGE AND GRADUATED IN 2006. IT ONLY TOOK 8 MONTHS AND I STILL DON'T HAVE A JOB. IT COSTED 11,000 TO GO TO SCHOOL. IF I WOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT GOING TO SCHOOL HERE IN CLEVELAND AT ATS ONLY TAKE 11 MONTHS I WOULD HAVE WENT FOR THAT IN NO TIME.I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND NO ONE TO GO TO REMINGTON COLLEGE LET ALONE NO COLLEGE FOR MEDICAL ASSISTANT I FEEL IT'S A RIP OFF. OF WAIST OF STUDENTS TIME AND MONEY!WHAT IS GOING ON HOW DO YOU SUPPOSE TO GAIN EXPERIENCE IF NO ONE WILL HIRE YOU???

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Medical Assistant

Are You Working? No

I hear you. Some of those schools have a TERRIBLE reputation,and you went to one that does. The one I went to even had to change their name. After awhile I was even writing just it's initials or "Diploma from an accredited Medical Assisting school" on my resume or any application. I was ashamed to write it's old name. Do the hiring folks hold it against you for attending a lousy school? Heck yeah,cause they won't HIRE you.

The bad thing is that if you don't find a job within 2 years,chances are you never will. You get beaten down and give up,sometimes without even realizing it.

There are lots of LPN and RN classes where many soured, would-be MAs will sit around and compare notes on what they went through. Sadly,by then the whole field of medical assisting is a big joke to them. I don't know what the answer is.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Out of work MA in the Cleveland area

Are You Still In School? Nope

Are You Working? Uh,no

Any one looking in Atlanta Georgia for an MA position finding it hard please let me know.

Jobs

I'm wondering how the jobs are in the SF Bay Area? Are people getting hired here? I was in nursing school and my grades were fine, but I dropped out due to neglecting the kids. (My husband had become a single dad, and it wasn't working.)

So I thought of trying MA, but are there a lot of unemployed folks here in the Bay Area? Particularly East Bay? Or is it going reasonably well? I see job listings but they do want experience. Kaiser says experience or complete an externship with them. I wouldn't mind working for Kaiser, but I think ultimately a smaller place might be nice for variety's sake.

Does anyone have any opinions about Allied Health Institute? It's an online school with a clinical component during the last month.
Thanks,
Nancy

Are You Still In School? student

Are You Working? no

if itsgettinhard for any one to get ajob then im a lost case

Are You Working? no

Now before you go an jump off the boat about needing prior experience, is the the official dope.

MA's do not require any prior training. Most doctor's offices do not wish to hire a person with NO skill, they do not have the time to train them.

You are looking at these ads as if you cannot get hired without prior EMPLOYMENT. Your training and internships count for a lot, believe me.

If your course was 10 months long, then you essentially have 10 months more experience than a person with NONE!

Start thinking positively. Along with your resume, attach a cover letter that will highlight your school and internship as experience. Let the office manager know what you can do for them, and more importantly, WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR THE PATIENTS.

I once applied for a job for which I did not have the minimum skills requested in the job posting. But guess what. I had the closest to the skills they were looking for, so I GOT HIRED!!

Please do not R/O job postings that say experience only.

By the way, do you know what R/O means?

If you do, you are already one step ahead of the "non-experienced" applicant.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA (AMT) / Bachelor of Science degree in health education

Are You Working? Yes-volunteer MA at a medical clinic for indigent adult patitents

Private neurology office in St. Clairsville OH looking for a full time medical assistant ASAP. Please respond to get further detailes or email me samischarmed@yahoo.com

Your Professional Title/Credentials: ma

Are You Working? yes

Re:might have a way for better job finding

HI, I do think it is harder to find a job as a RMA, MA ,CMA. I did talk to a couple of RN's, and doctor's they told me that if all fails go to a contract office for job placement. thats the best way if nothing eles works. you might have to take a test and pay them 30% of your 1st weeks pay. ITS BETTER THAN BEING OUT OF WORK. hope this helps.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: still in school

Are You Working? no

A good agency will never charge you a fee. The agency gets their payment from the office you work in. Why would anyone "give" 30% of their paycheck?

Example-A medical office needs a CMA for one week to fill in for a CMA who is on vacation. The office tells the agency the hourly wage is $15.00/hr.
The agency pays the CMA $12.00. The agency "makes" $3.00/hr for the fee of placing you, managing your payroll, drug testing etc.

NEVER work for an agency that takes a percentage of your pay.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Registered Nurse CCMA Certified Phlebotomist Certified X-Ray tech

Are You Still In School? Completed my BSN December 2008

Are You Working? yes. I work agency. (Hospital Clinic for 6 years)

Thanks, for the info. haven't got to that point yet. just helping out anyone who is looking and can't find work. Thats what i have heard threw other peolpe. Thanks for the good info.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: still in school

Are You Working? no

Hello everyone it has been a while sense I have posted anything. I start my last semester of school next week and I will be doing my externship at an orthopedic office. It doesn't have a lab, so I won't be drawing blood or any urinalysis tests. But I am excited. Has anyone got any tips on what I can expect? The practice has one doctor and one PA.

Thanks

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CNA I & II

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? No

WE cant found jobs that with good pay for those of us who have in the the field for yrs and have RMA because these young girls are coming out of school and will work for 9.00hr. Dr would rather pay cheap than pay alittle more for someone more experieced because of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are You Working? no

as a guy trying to find an MA job is VERY HARD

and the other problem with pay is that there are 2 MANY medical assistants out there schools just push them through like nothing

I agree with Rainman...you have to be your own advocate. While in school, be serious about it and let the school know what type of externship you are interested in. If you do well, you are the best marketing tool they can find! And you never know who has outside contacts to help you.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Esthetician

Are You Still In School? Planning on MA school in September

Are You Working? Yes

its true....I have been on interviews where the interview was great, yet they hire a "new" LPN grad, who didn't know how to take my daughter's blood pressure!! I recently had someone call and "pretend" to be an employee checking up on my resume. In the summer I was "let go" from a place that was horrible!! I turned in the exit interview, and told the Company what was going on. Well, when my "friend" called, the Company told her that I had to release a paper giving them permission to talk about when I worked there. Never heard a response back from the Company, and my comments. Right now, I am taking classes, and reading and trying to stay up on everything. Its funny, the Doctors here, hire non M/A's, and they call themselves"nurses", yet they aren't. And they are giving injections, and doing minor surgeries(with the Dr. in the room of course), still, they would rather pay the non-certified less, than pay the experienced M/A's,. I just keep telling myself that something will come up. But the recession has hit my town like crazy, and they are even letting go of some R.N.'s at a hospital. That means we as CCMA's get to compete with not only each other, but LPN's, and now even R.N.'s. Census still says that the M/A's will be a good field in the next 5 years, that is what I hold onto......

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CCMA,CNA,certified in EKG &Phelelbotomy

Are You Working? no

OMG this sucks I went to a interview and they told me a MA has had to have at least a yr of experience, I mean come on this is why we went to school. You have to give us a chance to show you that we can do everything that we have learned otherwise we are never gonna have experience.

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? no

Lilk,

Was this a year experience even if you had your CMA?

Beth

Are You Working? Yes

Playing devil's advocate here...I remember during the first few weeks of my first job thinking...I don't know squat about being in a medical office. My internship was in a pain clinic. We did alot of vitals and pain list meds but that did not prepare me to work in a PCP office. Calling pt's back on their lab values, imaging reports, spelling the names of medications and what they're for, ordering tests, taking orders from the MD (CMP, CBC, BNP, etc) all while learning the front office system, the facilities where we send pts for tests, the correct info to bring to the MD for B/P checks and pt questions. Maybe others have had that type of training on their externships but I was like...thank you for taking time to train me and pay me to because I knew I was slowing everyone down to learn and a busy office is not set up to slow down to train employees. Our office manager recently asked us how we felt about having MA students in our practice for externships and we came to the consensus that we were too busy and the doctors too impatient to train MA students. They are part of a teaching hospital and work with residents and nursing students on a rotation, but not for MA's.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA

Are You Still In School? N

Are You Working? Y

Does this teaching hospital hire MA's, or was it being asked to have externs for training only? If you don't ever hire MA's, I could see the hesitancy. However, if you DO hire, what a great way to find an excellent employee that is grateful for a opportunity.

Everyone has to start somewhere....

Are You Working? Yes

I can't believe some of the stories I have been reading here!I too am almost done with a medical assisting program...and am worried that I too will not be able to find a job!
I have also maintained a 4.0,have earned honor roll the whole time I have been there and have gotten perfect attendance...but what does all this mean if I fail to sell myself to perspective employers! I just had my first externship meeting and was told that the job market for medical assistants in my area is low due to these schools turning out so many M.A. students.
Congrats Rainman on your job I just hope all my hard work pays off for me like it did you!!
I guess I'll know soon enough either way.....

Are You Working? no

Stay positive. it sounds like you have worked hard during your program. Try to avoid reading the negative comments and use them as a source of encouragement and inspiration. Attitude plays a large role in how you present yourself to employers. They can easily pick on up on negative energy. I always bring a "contagious" positive energy to the office each day. You never know how your attitude can impact a co-worker who is having a bad day not to mention a patient who is being delivered some not so good news on an illness. people forget that part of our job involves having compassion for the sick. That is why I got into this field in the first place. If I have the opportunity to brighten someones day who just found out they have terminal cancer then it puts all my problems in a different light. Be grateful for the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the less fortunate and your blessings will be plentiful!

Thanks for the encouragement, I was just speaking with a classmate about this forum and I told her I really liked what you had to say as well as Suzanne sp? It gave me some pointers on what not to do during an interview! I will put your advice to good use! Thank you again!
Teresa

Are You Working? no

In Atlanta MA'S jobs are hard to find I finally found two places to do my externship. Hopefully I will land a job.. Most offices do want experiences

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Certified phlebotomist/MA/CNA

Are You Still In School? getting ready to extern

Are You Working? yes

I have been seriously considering getting training as an MA at a local tech school, but after reading this forum I am hesitatant now to do so. I live in KS and no community college offers MA programs so that leaves me with only tech schools that cost 14K-24K for training. I thought this was an in demand job but it seems what I heard was lies. I gotta say I am very discouraged right now. Concorde was the tech school I was looking at. Does anyone have any experience with them?

Your Professional Title/Credentials: hopeful student

I wish I would had read this forum along time ago before finishing MA school and wasting my time. I graduated 02/09 have not found a job in this field and have gave up looking. What a waste. My only alternative is to go back to school for my Nursing Degree, something I should have done first.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Medical Billler

Are You Working? Yes

have u had any interviews?
if so what did they say?

lower pay is better than no pay u cant argue that

I've been looking since Dec.2009. I completed and passed the state certification and Phlebotomy exams, got my RMA in Oct.2009, posted my resumes all over the internet and all the want ads say: 'must have x-amount years exp.' How does one get a job if one can't get the exp.? I'm starting to fear I wasted my good money for schooling!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA - Certified Medical Ass't.

Are You Working? No

Hang in there Laura, You can't think that firing out resumes over the internet is going to find you a job. Companies recieve tousands of resumes that way. You have to be different. I would recommend getting in your car and finding a medical office complex and stopping in at each one and asking for the practice manager to see if they are looking for anyone. You would be amazed at how effective that is. A lot of finding a job is timing, you might be at the right place at the right time and meeting them face to face puts a name with a face. Take a stack of resumes and cover letters with you and then get a card from wherever you go. Follow up with them a week or 2 later and see if that doesn't work better for you. Employers want people who are commited stopping in again and again shows you have that commitment. I will promise you that your chances will increase each time you do this.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Registered Oncology Medical Assistant

Are You Working? yes

Yes, I agree! I would have to say that 90% of the job listing have a requirement of having a min of two years expierence!! Funny how our school did not tell us that when we signed up! How can we get expierence if we can't find a job!!!! This sucks but all we can do is keep on looking...... Good Luck

Are You Working? No

CONGRADULATIONS RAINMAN!!! Thats awesome news! Best of luck to you in your new career!!

Are You Working? No

it took me 6 months of busting my ass to find a job but I DID find one. As some one said I was in the right place at the right time. I actually stopped in because I had an interview W/ a nother practice in the same building. I walked in dropped off my resume and never heard anything for a 5 months then they called and hired me.

Also once you're in the field and have the experience the jobs come easier. (I wouldn't quit my job if Hell froze SOLID but I do know it get's easier)

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA/NREMT-B

Are You Working? Yes

1 2