This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RMAs are not being hired in Arkansas WHY?

I graduated with a 4.0 from a Kaplan Based MA program in Texas. I did my externship with an extrememly busy full service clinic in Houston, were I was hired on as a Pediatric RMA/LPN, were we serviced on average 210+ patients a day in totals. I did nothing but back office to include phlebotomy. I moved to Arkansas and have been told repeatedly by clinic after clinic that RMAs are non-desirable that they would prefer I be a CNA. What is the problem here? I spent 15K to attend a program that required me to stick myself with needles over 150 times in order to complete my work, I am good at what I do, I have a great passion for what I do, yet I have had no luck in finding positions for an RMA. I have even gone as far as calling the LT Gov of Arkansas, were I was told the board of nursing here in Arkansas does not recognize the MA profession as allied health. What in the world? Has anyone else experienced this, and how many other CMA/RMAs have found theirselves being backed doored?

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? No