This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Does anyone else have a HARD time finding out what pay is in your area?

even if its minimum wage its still better than nothing (may have to bend the rules and take less) but again its better than nothing

I'm in Oklahoma and they started me off at $10/hr. This is my first job as a CMA. I work for an immunologist.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA (AAMA)

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

Hi there, I just graduated from an MA majoy here in Savannah, GA. It happened to be that I got hired from my externship site from school. I work in a very nice office with a high reputation Dr. in town as an MA in Rheumatologist. They start paying me for $10/hr. I grabbed the offer right away b/c I know it's hard to find a job anywhere now adays. The office mangaer once said during my orientation that they're gonna have a renegotiate for my pay once I pass the certification. On August 14th, I passed certification and showed her the sealed sheet from prometrics but I didn't asked for the raise yet since I just started this job. I know later down the road, they will give the pay I deserve. Just be patience.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA,AAMA

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes

In my area, I have seen starting wages as low as $9/hr and as high as $15/hr. It just depends on the facility.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA (AAMA)

Are You Still In School? Nope!!

Are You Working? YEP!!

BLUELADY, did you take the cma exam? How was it and any tips? Jenny B. what area do you live around?