This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CERTIFICATION WORRIES..how long did u study for exam?

Hello, I am scheduled to graduate in mid December so I signed up and mailed the application out for the aama exam August 20th (so I can take the exam in Dec. the earliest. I bought a review book and started studying over the summer but now I have been back to college the last few weeks and am taking alot which is very stressful because I did not want to take this much my last semester on top of my externship but due to my college I am stuck in a hard place. I havent even started my externship yet, probably will the 27th which I wanted to start a little earlier than that because I am really concerned about getting in my full 160 hrs. I am constantly doing homework and still never done,or I am at the college and my schedule is not great at all. Right now I do not have time to really study any review books because I have so much homework my business communication class is the worst! SO MY QUESTION IS: how long did you study before taking the exam? I didnt hear anything back yet about the certification exam sign up, but am pretty sure that I will have from mid/end of December until the mid/ end of March to take the exam. How much time do I need to finish studying for the exam if I cant really start studying much until mid/end December when my semester ends? I just hope it works out thanks!

Re: CERTIFICATION WORRIES..how long did u study for exam?

I set my exam date as quickly after completing my course as possible (about three weeks altogether I think). Things were fresher in my mind that way. I have some classmates that waited for months after and now regret waiting so long!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA (AAMA)

Are You Still In School? Nope!!

Are You Working? YEP!!

Re: CERTIFICATION WORRIES..how long did u study for exam?

I studied the day before the exam and I passed with flying colors. Now I do not recommend studying the day before because you will be cramming the information instead of learning it. But, I think if you study at least a week before the exam you should be ok. That way when you take the exam, a lot of the information will be fresh on your mind during the test.

www.wearemedicalassistants.com

Your Professional Title/Credentials: NRCMA