This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: switching careers

my suggestion is check with your area hospitals to see who they have working in the er. then decide which job you want to train for.
i'll bet you'll find out the jobs are go to be doctors,pa's, r.n., and n.a.'s., phlebs., x-ray techs, resp. therepist and my be emt's.
i would go for the r.n. better pay more job security more job opps in the future.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA-LPN

Are You Working? NO

Re: switching careers

Some ERs use ER Techs which often can be EMT-Intermediates with IV cert. My husband has NREMT-P cert and he could pick up ER Tech shifts if he wanted to (and if they were hiring).

I'd check the hospital HR job listings or descriptions to see. The local community colleges probably offer EMT training and if you read the program descriptions they may indicate what level you need.