This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rude Doctors and Medical Assistants

http://www.wearemedicalassistants.com/2010/09/doctors-are-some-of-rudest-people-you.html

Doctors are some of the rudest people you will ever encounter. They have spent many years in school and established their financial and professional status. Somewhere along the way they did not learn how to treat people with common courtesy. Maintain your peace and confidence. If a doctor disrespects you and acts unprofessional, stand your ground and refuse to tolerate his/her behavior. Speak with him/her one on one and explain how you feel. If the physician refuses to comply, take it to the center manager or whoever is in charge of the company. Worst case scenario, leave the practice. There is no reason one should suffer through consistent verbal punishment from a doctor whose ego is bigger than his/her salary.

Read more articles like this at: www.wearemedicalassistants.com

Your Professional Title/Credentials: NRCMA

Re: Rude Doctors and Medical Assistants

This is good advice. I recently confronted one of the md's I work with and it was the best thing I did for myself. The rudeness and lack of respect can make it difficult to do your job so it's important to speak up for yourself.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA

Are You Still In School? n

Are You Working? y

Re: Rude Doctors and Medical Assistants

Hey Rena, I'm glad you confronted this issue. I'm not out to bash any doctors and I understand that not all of them are rude. But bad behavior has to be called out when the situation calls for it.

I've worked with a MA who cried just about every otherday because the doctor was so rude to her. She is and has been his MA for over 20 years! I told her to speak up for herself but she is afraid of losing her job if she does.

Bottom line...

That kind of behavior is unacceptable in any profession and it should not be tolerated no matter who is in charge.

www.wearemedicalassistants.com

Your Professional Title/Credentials: NRCMA