This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
feeling uneasy

So Im scheduled to graduate in December, and I scheduled my AAMA exam the other day for February (I will not have time to really just focus on studying for the exam until the end of December). I try to stay positive, but I feel like I got cheated from my college,anyways many people keep on saying that Medical Assisting is not the best choice. Of course they keep on talking about nursing...but if I wanted to be one I would of went for that. Dont get me wwrong I like helping people but not in that way. I know you have to like the career you have but money is also a part of it. I just need to know that I will be making descent money and that I will be okay. I have plans for my future (marriage children etc., and just want to be confident that I will be able to survive) I do not get it Medical assistants do multiple jobs so the pay should be higher?! I live in Buffalo,Ny if anyone knows what I should expect?! I tried to do research but I always hear different stories.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: student/future cma

Re: feeling uneasy

Hi there, You should not worry about the future. It will be here soon enough. You should concentrate on the here and now. You worry to much, you should be concerned with getting through your classes now. You should study your practice exam from cover to cover and the more you go over the material the easier it will become. By the time your test date comes you will be ready for it. One more thing when you do take your test just be calm and be yourself, and you will be just fine. I don't mean to be rude, but quit your whining and man up, and getter done. Good luck.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: NCMA, (NCCT), AAS

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes

From a financial point of view do you think a career as a medical assistant will be okay though? For me its not all about the money but it is somewhat.

Hi there, You will not make a lot of money your first couple of years, but you will be able to pay your bills and put food on the table. It's about wanting to helping people. When your doing something with a pure heart and pure mind it will help others and it will come back to you in so many different ways. You already know the answer to your question. We are in hard times right now and its not for everyone. You don't always find a job right away. The trick is to stand out from the rest and be a shining example to the others. If you are in it for the money, you will never happy. There more to life than money. I hope within these words that I have written to you that you will find your path. Good luck in your journey.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: NCMA, (NCCT), AAS

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes