This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Job search...other possible job titles

I am going to ask the woman in the career center at my school tomorrow but was wondering if anyone else might know. When looking for jobs as a medical assistant (online etc.) what might be jobs listed under other than medical assistant? I know in hospitals they probably have different names for medical assistants. My teacher told me that one of the students in the past works at a cancer hospital nearby and does administrative stuff..and another works in the ICU maybe monitoring equipment or something not sure. One of the ladies at my externship took right after graduating what was supposed to be a temporary job but then they hired her at a hospital to work in some kind of lab. She said she didnt actually test the specimens etc..she cant actually remember what she did but anywho she said it was soo long ago not sure if they have that anymore. So can someone give me ideas of where medical assistants can work and job titles. Thanks alot!

Re: Job search...other possible job titles

Typically medical assistants do not work in the hospital setting. You could get a job as a tech, but you would not be performing as a medical assistant. Monitor techs (like in the ICU) have special training. Anything in the hospital is pretty much not going to be for a medical assistant but your medical assistant training and background can help you get an ancillary position.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RN-BSN, PHN, CCMA, CLD