This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
not all doctors are rich

I just had a girl turn down a job at my office because we paid minimum wage i wish people would understand that small dr offices sometimes can only afford that and with minimum wage going up it hurts us badly we have had to cut hrs for people because of it. u want more money go to a larger clinic. may sound harsh but its the truth

Re: not all doctors are rich

Cindy
I just had a girl turn down a job at my office because we paid minimum wage i wish people would understand that small dr offices sometimes can only afford that and with minimum wage going up it hurts us badly we have had to cut hrs for people because of it. u want more money go to a larger clinic. may sound harsh but its the truth

Cindy, I just read your friendly vent and just wanted to say, you are right. What you say is true and it is good you posted it. Not all doctors are rich and there is a lot of cost and overhead involved in running (and insuring) even a small medical practice. Some single-practice doctors make less than, let's say, an Internet Technology (IT) guy, or other types of entrepreneurs. While this doctor may not be able to pay highly competitive wages it might be a GREAT opportunity for a new graduate needing experience... and in today's medical assistant job market, that is priceless.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner/Site Admin

and its defnatily friendly dont get me wrong
we would love to pay more but we just cant sometimes the dr goes w/o to make sure pay roll is met

bump