This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: When looking for a job...

Here there are two big groups that hire MAs. Checking both of their web sites regularly is not a bad idea. There are also independent practices, they may use the state employment office, but often contact the local school MAs graduate through directly. New grads are often willing to work for less and sometimes independent practices pay less. Your local MA chapter meetings are also a place to go to let folks know you are looking, I knew when we needed an MA in our clinic.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA (AAMA)

Are You Working? yes

What were the 2 websites I should be checking? I THINK IT MIGHT OF BEEN ERASED

I actually was told in school to apply everywhere! Even places that say "Must have 2-5 years experience"...send in your resume anyway. I was just hired for an MA position with a large oncology office and I found the job posting on Career Builder but you can also get in the phone book and call local offices and just ask them how to go about sending your resume. Job fairs are a good way to get your name out there also!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Medical Assistant

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? January 3rd

cmm4ever
What were the 2 websites I should be checking? I THINK IT MIGHT OF BEEN ERASED
I should have been more clear. Here, in this area, there are two big employers, I checked both their websites every day along with the state employment office website. Once in a while I still check, just to see what is out there, though I'm not really looking.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA (AAMA)

Are You Working? yes

Is it okay to send a letter(maybe coverletter)/and or your resume to local offices if your not sure if there hiring? Showing that your interested in an medical assistant position and to keep you in mind? I just bought resume paper at a descent price 100 sheets for $8. The 5 envelopes (large size)came with 5 folders which I probably wont get too much use out of (rather have more envelopes) cost like $10 or $11. Do I use these to send these letters in if I do because the envelopes are expensive.

Hello there, You should trust your gut instinct it will not steer you wrong. You must realize there are many Medical Assistant's out there looking for work. If you want to be successful, you must see it your mind that you are working as a Medical Assistant, and that you are happy with whom you are working for, and seeing that you are making the wage you want to make. Just keep that in the back of your mind. It's going to take a lot of work on your part of going to interviews, and keep applying online, and going to different clinics and Doctor's offices and giving them your resume and always be dressed like a professional. And one important "Always say please and thank you, and always smile".

Your Professional Title/Credentials: NCMA, (NCCT), AS

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes.