This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: ANYONE out there taken CMA EXAM or will?

Well were in it together ! Hopefully we both pass. What are you using to study? I bought a review book on my own over the summer Kaplan I think it was at Borders...havent looked at that book in a while though...my teacher made me buy another one by Lippincott Williams & Wilkins' came with cd but havent gotten to cd yet. I am halfway through the book but the anatomy section was hard to study from. I also took A&P 1. AND 11. A WHILE AGO...do you know of any good sites etc for that? I just hope I have enough time to get everything in. I mean I was good in med term class, but have to start reviewing again. Hope we both pass. I just finished school and applied somewhere today...with my luck they will call me which could be a bad thing because I need the time to study.

Better get to it, then. If you study hard you will very likely pass. Don't forget to review your own notes from class. They are an equally, if not more important study material also. Good luck.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Website Owner/Forum Admin

THANKS! Always some studying to do.

It looks like we are studying from the same book! I have the Lippincott Williams & Wilkins "Medical Assisting Exam Review for CMA & RMA Certification" by Helen J. Houser and Janet R. Sesser. Mine also came with a CD which I have found very helpful. Feel free to shoot me an email if you want a study buddy :)

Are You Still In School? NO

Are You Working? January 3, 2011

Wow cool...yes I will let you know if I have any questions. How familiar do we have to be with coding? I took a health and reimbursement class but didnt learn much about actually coding.Most of the girls in the class were going for medical coding and they had all the books etc., and this other girl and I who were in the MA program felt like we were at a disadvantage because they had more knowledge about coding than us. I hope we will not have to code anyhting. Also, the A&P chapter was hard to study from for me. I took A&P 1 AND 2 a while ago also. Any tips or places to look? Let me know if you have questions to.

Hello there, I'm surprised that you have not grasped on what these folks who been in the field for quite sometime now. You are wasting time asking people for help with how they did on the test and what were the questions on the test. If you study hard with whatever review book you have and keep going over and over it. Like the owner of this forum say's " Your notes you took class will really help you out". You must know not all tests are the same. These tests are setup to see how much knowledge you retained while you were in school, and it measures your skills level. When you pass your test, you'll see how all that studying has paid off. Good luck to you in passing your test, and finding a job to where you will able to use your new skills.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: NCMA, (NCCT), AS

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes.