This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Applied online for job this past Thursday

Hi there, I would not get your hopes up on just one job posting. You need to keep posting your resume online and keep updating, and check the spelling on your resume. When a future employer calls you for an interview go to it with confidence, dress for the interview as a professional, and don't be cocky or Miss know it all. When applying for a job trust your instinct. It will not steer you wrong. Good luck.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: NCMA, (NCCT), AS

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes.

Re: Applied online for job this past Thursday

Unfortunately, I received an automated email Monday saying your application has been received. I checked my email yesterday and I was sent an email Tuesday saying I was not selected, but they will keep me on file. I honestly think they found someone a long time ago because the posting was up for over a month, unfortunately I noticed it recently. Im going to keep checking online for job postings. I hope it all works out. Its hard right now, because I am focusing on studying for the CMA exam which I am taking in early February. Also, for now I can only apply for nearby jobs because transportation is an issue at this time. I heard 2 different things about the following, and would like anyone's opinion. Is it appropriate to send local offices a letter or your resume stating your interested in a position and to keep you in mind, or something like that? My business Communications teacher said to never send your resume somewhere if there not hiring, but the women in the career center said it was okay. What if your not sure if there hiring because not everyone posts online.