This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Got an interview next Friday!

So...I have been job hunting and studying for the certification exam in February. I applied online about 2 weeks ago for a nursing home nearby. I figured I might be able to do something there so I applied. This lady called me up yesterday and said she was returning my call (she said she was new there)and she told me to resubmit my application after I told her I already sent one in last week. So I filled out the online application again last night. She just called me again, and said I got your application...do you want to come in for an interview. Luckily I just bought an outfit for interviews with the last of the money I have to my name. Im not even sure if there hiring because I swore she said yesterday the receptionist they have I believe is on call. So I am hoping this position is at least part time. I guess they do not use MA's for the clinical stuff but I asked her about like an receptionist position. Im nervous. This one girl in my class worked there as an CNA and she said it was like an 6 panel interview. Im wondering how it will be for me since Im applying for a receptionist position I believe (I put down clerical/receptionist). Im nervous..never really had a REAL interview before besides before I did my externship. Any advice...hope it works out but I do not even know the details yet so we will see.