This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Interview coming up...any good tips etc?

So, I have an interview this Friday. The woman who returned my call is new and she said she is the only one who interviews. It is at a nursing home. She called me and said she was returning my call, and I said I was wondering if I would be qualified for any positions there? She basically said not medical related because your like in the middle of a cna and lpn. I then asked about a receptionist position;she then asked would you be interested in that, and I said yes. Then we set up an interview. Would you think someone would bring you in for an interview if there not hiring? The way she made it sound wasnt so clear...but why would I be going on an interview? What questions do you think she might ask? Any tips? I was thinking (she mentioned) a receptionist greets people and answers the phone, anything else you know of? I really wasn't given any information so I am hoping for the best. Does anyone have any idea what the pay should be around...because I am not sure what to say if asked. Im not sure if anyone has been in this position, but with my luck (I have been handing out my resume to people I know who work at a local hospital, and job searching)someone will call me or a better opportunity comes up a few weeks from now or so; how would you handle the situation if say I got the receptionist job? Thanks!

Re: Interview coming up...any good tips etc?

I've never worked in a nursing home and have no answer to your questions.

I just want to say, GOOD LUCK!!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA (AAMA)

Are You Still In School? nope

Are You Working? yep

Thanks.

If it is at a nursing home, I would make sure that it is for a Medical Assistant. Usually nursing homes hire CMA's (certified medication aides). Nursing homes can't utilize most of the skills medical assistants are taught in school. This will depend upon the state regulations, but all of the ones I have checked into have stated that you cannot use your phlebotomy skills in the nursing home.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA (AAMA)

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? no

The position is a receptionist position. I will have to see what happens tomorrow because the women kind of confused me if there hiring right now etc. Sadly I do not have phlebotomy skills because my college did not teach properly..so sad.

Hi,

I agreed with you. Any way, your points of view make me thinking about some thing for my project.

Pls try to keep posting. Tks and best regards

jefff
I've never worked in a nursing home and have no answer to your questions.

I just want to say, GOOD LUCK!!

If you want to get more materials that related to this topic, you can visit: http://typicalinterviewquestions.info/medical-clerk-interview-questions/

Best regards.

Are You Still In School? Standford University