This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NEED JOB ASAP

I sympathize with all that are trying to find employment as a Medical Assistant. I recently completed my MA schooling and Internship which finished the end of December 2010. I'm no young one, but I'm a "young 51." School was not easy for me as I hadn't been in school since I graduated High School in the late 70's. I've held successful businesses and jobs along the way and decided to try the MA route. Now, with my life savings almost completely depleted, I'm very worried (to say the very least) and have a teen daughter entering college in Sept. I worry about literally having to pay my rent which is not cheap and the other bills within the next 3 months. This is SOOO stressful for me I can't eat properly or sleep and I'm almost at my wits end. Now, to top it off, I will have this **** school loan to hit me in the back of my butt soon. I apologize, and I'm venting here as well, too. I could see if we had to take 3,4 or more years of college to get a "higher degree," I could understand that. Not that I'm knocking the MA; I give that "title" much more credit now that I took the course. I was not aware that AFTER the schooling we would have to take the bloody exam for certification - another stress factor. As I mentioned; If I were going to be an RN for years of studying, THAT I could understand. Mind you, I went to a great school and worked and studied my butt off as I'm sure most of us that completed the program.

I am currently studying for the exam to be certified and hopefully pass. I actually needed to take a break from the studying as I was burned out. My school literally gave us hours and hours of homework a night, with most students -- even the very best being up till 1, 2 and later in AM studying and doing homework. It was grueling - all for becoming a MA. Honestly, If I had to do it over, I would not have chosen this field, but perhaps something else.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Medical Assistant

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? No - but need ASAP!!!