This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Is NHA-CCMA certification as good as RMA or CMA?

I am about halfway through a medical assistant program that will allow me to take the NHA-CCMA certification exam. However it is not accredited for students to take the cma from the aama or the rma exam from amt.
I was looking through some local job listing and they all say RMA or CMA. Up until this point I thought I would be getting a CMA certification from my program. Am I making a huge mistake in completing this program? Please help, I am freaking out!

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? no

Re: Is NHA-CCMA certification as good as RMA or CMA?

The NHA certification is good if you want to get a job outside of the state that you live in. Plus it looks better on your resume.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Not in a Medical Office