This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Taking CMA exam through AAMA tomorrow!!!?

So I hope all my studying pays off tomorrow, and in the long run! I will be doing last minute studying today (it will probably fly by)! Just hoping what I have been studying from is similar to the real thing tomorrow..I cant imagine starting the exam and it being nothing like what I have been reviewing!? I bought the Kaplan review book a while ago, but have not looked at it much since I finished it (kind of forgot what the book is like), but it seems different from the one my teacher made me buy...which is Lippincott Williams & Wilkins' "Medical Assisting Exam Review for CMA & RMA Certification" second edition, by Helan J. Houser and Janet R. Sesser. The second one (I have been reviewing from a lot recently and it seems much easier to follow and has more questions). Please wish me luck and feel free to suggest anything! I will post hopefulLy good news tomorrow! THANKS :)

Re: Taking CMA exam through AAMA tomorrow!!!?

Good luck!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA (AAMA)

Are You Still In School? nope

Are You Working? yep

Thanks!!! Will post...

hello cmm4ever, thanks for your posts on this site. I am taking the CMA exam tomorrow. I also purchased and have been studying "Medical Assisting Exam Review for CMA & RMA Certification". Great book. We'll see how much info in the book is covered on the exam. Have u had any luck finding a job yet? Luckily, I got a job 3 months after I completed my externship at a medical office in So Cal. So far, so good!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

no luck so far.. which is a downer. I even applied for a nursing assistant position at a hospital, and have an interview this Wednesday. Im hoping it all works out for the best. Just wondering what the interview will be like, and what to say since I went for medical assisting.