This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Waiting to hear back about interview Thursday or Friday sorry so long :)

*PLEASE SHARE FROM EXPERIENCE, SIGNS THAT INTERVIEW WENT WELL OR BAD*I had my first MA interview yesterday( Tuesday). It was supossed to be for 1pm, I arrived 10 minutes early but had to wait in line about 10 -15 minutes to let them know I was there (there was noone else I saw to let them know). Anyways I let them know I was there when they said I can take whos next (it was actually the manager/interviewer)she told me to have a seat and she would be with me. I sat there for like 20 minutes or more and another women asked sweetie are you taken care of? I told her I was there for a 1pm interview and I was told by someone to have a seat. I mean their check in process seemed really slow and they were busy but I wonder if she forgot about me? She got the manager who then took me inside a room. I really am unsure of how the interview went. She didnt ask any of the questions I thought she'd ask at all. The interview lasted about 55 minutes though. I dont know if that means anything? She said the job would be mainly clerical (I was a little surprised)but they might need you in back sometimes. She said it doesnt mean it will be like this a year from now. She asked: if someone called off would you rather finish your work and then theirs or have their work divided with the other workers? I said I would try and get as much done as possible, but ask for help if needed. She also stressed that the office/clinic is unique (Would have to use the computer etc alot) because its part Catholic Health and part Veterans. I guess if I got the job I would have to fill out like a 17 page background check thing since the VA system is a national one and the president is the CEO. Also would have to train at the local VA hospital for a few days (she said you prob wont learn alot), but they would show you how to use the VA system, and make you do blood draws? I never did one so they would just throw me in there * DIDNT SAY THIS THOUGH? I told her I really wish my school would have shown me how...but she asked if I was willing to learn and I said yes. So its seems alot different and more complex than just any doctors office. She also asked if there are any areas in particular that I was unsure of, she said its always good to know. I was hesitant but said I can usually get blood pressures but sometimes it takes me more than 1 try. I told her I was willing to learn, and that I have been practicing at home. The 1 MA they do have there is full time and works mainly in the lab drawing blood, and ordering supplies etc. (only for veterans I believe they send those catholic health pts out). She asked do you think you can learn the job in 90 days? She also asked if I knew about insurance...which I know the basics of but not all the programs. She said I wouldnt expect you to know all the programs...kinda not sure what she wanted me to know. I told her at my internship I checked insurances once, but they wouldnt let let us use the computers otherwise.She asked if I would be able to work certain hours and I said yes. I mentioned it to her on the phone but she didnt bring it up, so at the end I gave her a copy of the only proof I have right now that I passed the certification exam.Im sure theres some stuff I'm leaving out. I just hope she got the impression that I am willing to take on challenges/learn. I was nervous so I'm pretty sure she said she would call Thursday or Friday if they were interested I believe. She didnt mention it, but I asked if I would hear something either way? She said the HR department would let you know (I think if they dont want me). She said there were 12 other candidates (assuming she interviewed some by now), if she was going to let me know within a few days. She gave me her card and said to call if I wanted to ask her anything. I'm assuming the other candidatesare from another local college because, I was the only one who graduated from mine last semester. I'm just doubting myself because they prob had a better experience/practice with their school. I tried to be confident and keep eye contact in the interview but, its nerve racking waiting and hoping for the best. I just wish I could have some luck in life for once! I did send a follow up thank you email last night (Tues) which I thought I worded nicely. I'm also hoping the information the clinical coordinator/manager from my internship site forwarded (she never mentioned what she sent) to the manager where I interviewed actually got it, and my thank you email before she makes a decision. So hoping I hear something by tomorrow, or Friday but I hate the suspense and if I dont hear back tomorrow...I will be a little more doubtful. I'm trying to not be so doubtful ...its just hard.